This 1939 photo, donated several years ago by a retired member of Hamden Public Works, was labeled on the back with the year and location. The history room volunteers were amazed to see where this was taken. The street is still there, of course, as well as the reason for the bridge, which has been replaced. Any ideas?
Scroll down for the answer . . .
This is the way it looks today. The road has been straightened somewhat, but the chimney of the larger building also can be seen in the 80 year old photo above this one.
The photographer in both cases was aiming the camera west on Treadwell Street, just east of the Northhampton RR/Farmington Canal railroad overpass.