In 1992, the Talmadge cider mill (1810), originally located on West Woods Road, was dismantled, piece by piece, by volunteers from the Historical Society and Eli Whitney Technical High School. The structural pieces were then transported and reassembled on land adjacent to the Jonathan Dickerman house on Mt. Carmel Avenue. The hand milled siding was provided by the Doolittle Sawmill.
Unless otherwise cited or in the Public Domain, all material on this website, including photos, essays, articles and commentary published herein, are (c) Copyright 2016-2019 by the Hamden Historical Society, and may not be copied or republished in whole or in part without prior written permission of the Hamden Historical Society.